Admittedly, his knowledge of technology is still fairly basic and he believes he still has a lot to learn, especially when it comes to being able to use and know how to get the most out of all the features of his Windows PC. Fortunately, after discovering the existence of my blog, always refer to the guides that I believe in .it and always manage to get away with it in some way, solving those that apparently seemed insurmountable technological problems.
Well if that is the case I am really happy to help you at all times. However, if you are reading this guide now, it means you need my advice again. The topic of this tutorial is application Windows 10 so I also imagine that from the moment you clicked on this guide the question is of your exact interest. Someone more expert in the technological field has probably explained to you that there are also applications for PC with operating system Windows 10, so I bet I'd like more clarification on the subject.
Alright, no problem, I'll be happy with that right away. How about you sit down comfortably for a few minutes? We will approach the problem together, as usual, step by step, in the lines that follow. In this guide I will explain in detail what are the applications for Windows 10, how they work and how they are downloaded. I'll also tell you which ones I think are the best apps for Windows 10 currently, breaking them down by category so that you can find the one that best suits your needs. Finally, for more complete information, I will also explain how to install the applications on a device with Windows 10 mobile, a version for mobile devices of the well-known Microsoft operating system. Ready to start? You will see that if you follow my instructions to the letter, it will be a game of children. I wish you a good read.
Table of Contents
Windows 10: the difference between application and software
Before seeing in detail how you can download applications In Windows 10, I want to pause for a moment and make a little premise. It is since the introduction of version 8 for the Windows operating system that Microsoft has introduced the possibility of downloading applications also on the PC. Consequently, at the time of writing, only Windows PCs with a version 8 or 10 operating system can download apps, as well as traditional software.
Previously, and therefore, on Pcs with Windows XP, Windows Vista Windows 7, it was not possible to download applications but only software. Before you can get confused, I want to clarify that apps and software are two different things: Windows 10 PC apps are similar to mobile phone and tablet apps Android and iOS and, sometimes, have reduced functionality, being a version more limited than the software.
The substantial difference between an application and a software (that is, a program, to definitively clarify the issue), is also in its installation. As you will surely know if you often frequent .it and read my guides carefully, installing a PC software requires some installation procedures that can sometimes be long and boring. Downloading an application for Windows 10, on the other hand, is a procedure that is performed in a short time and no installation procedure should be performed.
How to download applications from the Windows Store
Now that you've finally understood the difference between apps and software for Windows 10, we can move on to what's at the heart of the matter, or how you can download apps for Windows 10.
The first thing to do to download Windows 10 applications is go to Windows Store ; This is the Microsoft digital store available on Windows 8 and Windows 10 PCs through which you can download (and even buy) Windows applications.
In fact, Windows Store apps are divided by apps. free or paidas well as by category. I will explain how to access the Windows Store and how to download applications for Windows 10.
Click on the search bar Cortana (you find it in the writing Type here to search ); kind shop and you will see that the Windows Store application will appear in the search results.
The application icon is very easy to find, you can't go wrong: it has the shopping bag symbol and the Windows flag. You found it? Very well, I had no doubts! Click on it to start it.
As you can see, the Windows store is divided into several sections: Start, application, games, music y Cinema and tv. Leaving aside all the sections that do not interest you at the moment, click Application and you can see the section of the Windows store dedicated exclusively to applications.
To download an application, you can search for it through the search engine located in the upper right corner. Once you have identified an application press the button get to download it Then wait for it to download and then, if you wish, add it to the quick start menu by pressing the button Add to top.
Windows 10 application
Since the applications for Windows 10 are quite numerous, there is no official list of all the applications present. In the following lines, I want to talk to you only about some popular applications that I consider valid to perform the most common functions, such as edition video, photo editing and creating music mixes.
- Adobe Photoshop Express : It is developed by Adobe Systems and is a reduced version and a well-known Photoshop photo editing software. Unlike the program, the Adobe Phoshop Express application is free although of course this is a basic version for edit photos with just a few clicks. You can download free Adobe Photoshop Express doing here.
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 : always developed by Adobe Systems, it is an application to paid to edit and organize photos. You can click here to purchase Adobe Photoshop Elements 15.
- CropiPic - Crop video and image - An application for Windows 10 that allows you to edit photos and videos based on some predefined models that adapt well to the social media more modern, like Instagram and Youtube. The application is free, presents advertising banners and applies a watermark to the exported videos. It is also available in a version paid which removes all limitations. You can download it from here.
- Polarr Photo Editor : It is one of the most advanced photo editing applications available as an application for Windows 10. It is available in a version free and one to payment. Even if the free version is limited, it is worth noting the possibility of unlocking only the desired tools, through in-app purchases. You can download the free version from here or click here to purchase the paid version.
- MeeDJ : an app free designed for Lovers Music that allows you to create music mixes. The Songs created can be easily shared on social media. You can download it from here.
- Music Maker Jam : another application available free, which allows you to create your own musical composition. It's free with additional paid features. You can download it from here.
- Video moments : Since it is now a trend to share photos and videos on social networks as multimedia memories of a vacation or a particular moment, the application in question performs this task and allows you free to make video presentations with attractive graphics and styles. In full Instagram style, the created movie will only last 60 seconds. You can download it from here.
- Movie Edit Pro Plus Windows Store Edition : it is an application to paid for video editing with professional tools. There is 10-bit HEVC support and the ability to edit 360-degree movies. Even if the app is paid, you can try it free with a trial version. If you want to buy it, please click this link.
- Movie Maker: free video editor : if you need one video editing application easy to use, you can turn to this application that has several simple and immediate tools. Among the notable features is the creation of photo slideshows to which you can add effects like music and transactions. The application is free but it features advertising banners. It is also available in a version paid. You can download it for free by clicking here.
How to download the application for Windows Phone
Did you know that even mobile devices with Windows Phone, who have the version of the Microsoft operating system, Windows 8 and Windows 10 can download applications from the Microsoft store?
Although the Redmond giant has announced that it is no longer developing new software and hardware features for its operating system (and, as a consequence, many companies are no longer investing in developing applications for Windows 10 mobile), the support of the operating system It is not yet completely gone.
So I want to briefly explain below how you can still use the windows store to download apps in Windows Phone.
To download applications on devices with the Windows 10 mobile operating system, you can act similarly to Windows 10 PCs. In fact, you will have to identify the application shop from the list of default apps on the device and once you find the app you want to install press the button install.
Other useful information about Windows 10
If you want to go into more detail about the topic related to Windows 10, programs and applications (compared to the OS Windows 10 older, may be less intuitive), I recommend reading some of my guides. In particular, I point to the guide titled How to Uninstall Programs from Windows 10 in which I explained in detail how you can uninstall programs and applications that you no longer use.
On the other hand, do you have a PC with a version of Windows lower than 10 and want to evaluate the change to Windows 10 in order to download the applications? I advise you to read my guide in which I explain how it is possible to go to Windows 10: you will find useful information on this topic.
You Might Also:
How to get free V-Bucks on Nintendo Switch
How to get free Robux
How to access Fortnite private servers
How to know if a blocked number called you
Application to change the voice during the call
Free video chat without registration with camera
How to convert a photo to PDF from your mobile
How to remove the headset mode
How to clear video history on Watch
How to activate NFC on iPhone
Best PS4 DNS
How to download Minecraft Pocket Edition for free
How to take surveys on WhatsApp