Application for scanning. You need to scan an important document, but unfortunately you don't have a scanner or a multifunction printer at home. The idea of buying such a gadget would appeal to you if not for the fact that you have some urgency and would like to find a more immediate solution. Given the situation, why not download a scan app and solve the question by acting directly from your mobile phone or tablet? Let's see which apps are the best for this.
Table of Contents
The best app for scanning
Office Lens (Android / iOS / Windows Phone)
The first scanning app that I want to suggest you try is Office Lens. This is a Microsoft tool that was initially only available to Windows Phone, but which was later also added to the stores of Android and iOS.
It is ideal for scanning printed text documents, but also for write notes on the board and for photographs. Files obtained from scanning can be converted to PDF, Word or Per Point as required, can be opened directly in the other applications distributed by the Redmond company.
After installing it on your device, to use it all you have to do is start it, follow the short introductory tutorial that is proposed (only on the first start) and select the type of element to frame by making a simple swipe to the right or left and choosing between: Business card, Gallery, Document, Whiteboard.
So, frame what you want to scan, wait for the box related to the area to select to appear on the screen, and when you are ready, press the button. red circular button in the lower center to start the scanning procedure.
Optionally, you can also choose to disable, set to automatic, or always enable the flash by tapping the button on the rayo top right.
Then wait for the acquired image to be processed and hit the button in the upper right with two arrows to make corrections to the orientation and framing of the image and to add any captions, press Done two consecutive times.
If, on the other hand, you want to add more pages to the scan, click the button with the numerator at the bottom left and repeat the steps I outlined above.
If you are not satisfied with what you have purchased, simply press the button with the trash at the bottom right to delete the image and start over.
Then choose which of the available Microsoft applications you want to import the scan into (if you have not downloaded them to your device yet, you will have to do this other step first before finishing your work) or indicate if you want to import everything in PDF form, such as an attachment to email or as a picture to save in the device gallery.
Scanbot (Android / iOS)
Another good useful application for the purpose I want to propose is Scanbot. It is undoubtedly one of the best resources in its category when it comes to digitizing documents, in color, black and white or gray, simply by using the camera on your smartphone or tablet.
To use it, simply frame any document "on the fly" and the application will do the rest. It can be used with both Android and iOS and is available in different versions: a basic one, which is completely free and has no time limits or watermarks, and three paid versions that offer additional features, such as the ability to take advantage of technology. OCR for create PDF with editable text, automatic upload of scans to services cloud storage (for example Dropbox) and much more.
After downloading and running it, to start using it, follow the short introductory guide (first time only) and choose whether to use its free version or switch to one of the paid ones.
All you have to do is frame the document to be scanned with the device's camera and follow the instructions you see on the screen to place the mobile phone or tablet in the correct position.
If you want, you can also activate the functions Multi page y Flash (located at the top of the capture screen) to create a multi-page scan and activate the camera's flash to improve scanning performance.
Once the image is acquired, you can decide whether to save it in color, black and white or grayscale using the filters included in the application, you can modify the scan by cutting or rotating it, and you can also upload the scan to cloud services storage (only if you are using the paid version of the app).
Google FotoScan (Android / iOS)
As for the photos, I suggest you get in touch FotoScan of Google - It is a free application always available for Android and iOS that allows you to scan traditional photos and save them in the memory of the device in use or in Google Photos, G's great cloud storage service dedicated to photos and videos with unlimited space, all in a simple and intuitive way.
To use it, download and launch the application, follow the short initial guide that is proposed to you (only the first time) and then press the white circular button at the bottom center and move the circle you see appear on the screen to the four dots in the corners of the photo you are about to scan.
Press the thumbnail of the shot that appeared at the bottom right and indicate whether to modify the image you obtained by adjusting the angles or to save everything directly in this way.
If you wish, before taking the photo of the image to be acquired, you can also enable the removal of reflections by touching the button with the Magic wand attached to the screen.
You can also choose to deactivate or reactivate the flash by touching the rayo present in the lower right part of the acquisition screen.
Alternative: application to scan
Of applications of this type, there really are many and the ones I have indicated are just some of them, the ones that I think are the best. However, given the situation, I suggest that you also take a look at the additional resources that you will find in the following list, maybe there is something that might interest you.
- My scans: the best PDF scanner (for Android and for iOS): an excellent application to digitize and organize documents on mobile devices. It is very easy to use, it automatically detects the edges and turns any photo you take into PDF documents to share or print. It is free but it is also available in a paid version with additional functions.
- Small scanner (for Android and for iOS): a small but powerful application to scan any type of paper document, as well as photos and receipts. The scanned documents They can be shared by email, through the cloud storage service or directly on the PC via Wi-Fi. It's free, but it's also available in a paid variant with additional features.
- Genius Scan (for Android and for iOS) - A beautiful application belonging to the category in question that presents all the characteristics of those already mentioned with the difference that it allows to highlight the text of the scans and improve the degree of visibility and readability. It's also great for scanning old photos with virtually no quality change. It is free but it is also available in a paid version with additional features.
- Fast PDF scanner (for Android) - Excellent free application thanks to which it is possible to scan directly from Android and digitize everything with extreme ease. It has a beautiful user interface, processes images at lightning speed, and integrates real-time edge detection.
- Scannable Evernote (for iOS) - The team at Evernote, the famous note-taking service, has also made available an application specifically designed to scan from mobile, the one in question. It is free, allows you to share what is scanned with other users and also integrates OCR technology to search for words and phrases within scanned documents.
You Might Also:
How to get free V-Bucks on Nintendo Switch
How to get free Robux
How to access Fortnite private servers
How to know if a blocked number called you
Application to change the voice during the call
Free video chat without registration with camera
How to convert a photo to PDF from your mobile
How to remove the headset mode
How to clear video history on Watch
How to activate NFC on iPhone
Best PS4 DNS
How to download Minecraft Pocket Edition for free
How to take surveys on WhatsApp