Best DNS of PS4. A dear friend, talking about video games, advised me to write about DNS server de PlayStation 4. I suppose that like you, you were interested in knowing about how to improve the quality of the multiplayer mode online.
To get started, let me explain, in general terms, what DNS is. They are PCs or networks of PCs, scattered all over the world, used for the conversion of the text addresses of the servers of the Network (for example, google.it) to IP addresses (for example, 126.96.36.199) and vice versa.
In other words, it is the intermediaries who allow us to view a website by typing an easy-to-understand textual address (for example, google.it) instead of your real address of Internet, that is, a numeric IP address (for example, 64.233). 167.99).
It goes without saying that using DNS servers faster than your operator's defaults speeds up online resource load operations. Similarly, by using international DNS servers, it is possible to circumvent the regional restrictions that authorities sometimes apply to sites, preventing them from being seen through local DNS servers (in this case, Italian DNS). Well, these advantages can also be obtained on PS4.
In the course of this tutorial, I'll take care of showing you who I am best PS4 DNS, giving an accurate description of why these servers are so important and also explaining how to use them in the console.
So, without further hesitation, feel comfortable and carefully read everything I have to tell you on the subject: I am sure that at the end of this guide, you will be able to perfectly apply my suggestions to improve your online gaming experience.
Better PS4 DNS. General information.
Before I get to the heart of this guide and understand, in concrete terms, what I am best PS4 DNSI think it is necessary to make you understand how this operation can improve the performance of your gaming experience.
As I explained to you in the first few lines of this tutorial, DNS servers represent the mechanism by which simple text addresses are translated into numerical addresses.
Without going into technical details, just know that packages containing any kind of data (from e-mail to Internet sites, through game data, updates of the operating system, etc.) travel from one point to another in the network, taking as reference the numeric IP address of destiny.
However, since numeric IP addresses can change at any time, they are associated with text addresses that, on the other hand, hardly change during the course of work: the latter, in particular, are used in programs of various types, including games, to "locate" reference servers.
Based on what has been said so far, it is simple to conclude that the use of fast DNS servers leads, in many cases, to a consequent improvement in game performance. However, keep in mind that there are many other factors that can affect the response speed of an online title: using a good DNS server helps, of course, but cannot alter the performance of the Internet connection (I'll talk more about it in the last part of the tutorial).
The best PS4 DNS servers
After clarifying the usefulness of DNS during gaming sessions, the time has come to show you which, in my opinion, are the best DNS servers to use on PlayStation 4 (and beyond).
Personally, I suggest you use the servers Google DNS, those of CloudFlare or those of OpenDNS. All three with high performance, but with different peculiarities.
- Google DNS - widely appreciated and with high performance, they also allow access to hidden IP addresses by Italian service providers. They keep track of the addresses reached through them (although in a way not attributable to the natural person who uses them) mainly for statistical purposes.
- Primary / Preferred DNS Server: 188.8.131.52
- Secondary / alternative DNS server: 184.108.40.206
- CloudFlare - Cloudflare DNS is also distinguished by performance and allows you to visit IP addresses that would otherwise be hidden by local providers. However, they promise not to keep track of the data related to the addresses "translated" through them.
- Primary / Preferred DNS Server: 220.127.116.11
- Secondary / alternative DNS server: 18.104.22.168
- OpenDNS - these are fairly fast DNS servers, allowing you to resolve blocked addresses locally and block a large number of addresses bound to beforehand Phishing and other unfair practices.
- Primary / Preferred DNS Server: 22.214.171.124
- Secondary / alternative DNS server: 126.96.36.199
- Open DNS with FamilyShield - is a variant of the servers seen above, which allows you to block addresses linked to adult material and other potentially harmful material for minors. They may not be suitable for all gaming situations, but if the PlayStation is primarily used by minors, they can have their say.
- Primary / Preferred DNS Server: 188.8.131.52
- Secondary / alternative DNS server : 184.108.40.206
Once you have identified the most suitable DNS servers for you, write down their IP addresses, as they will be indispensable for you in the next steps of this guide.
How to configure DNS on PS4
To configure the chosen DNS on the PS4, you must first configure a Static IP in it, you will manually act on the parameters of the internet connection. I advise you to make a note of the current IP address of the PS4 (where you have already connected it to the internet before) and the IP address of the router it is connected to - more information will be needed later.
In order to do this, go to toolbar top of the PS4 select the icon on the gear ( adjustments ) and press the button X controller; in the same way, select the menus RED y View connection status and write the following information: IP adress from the PlayStation, subnet mask y Default Gateway.
If you have not yet connected the console to the Internet, you can retrieve the information you need using alternative methods.
- Default Gateway - is the IP address of the router to which the PS4 should connect (usually 192.168.1.1 o 192.168.0.1 ). You can retrieve this information from any other device connected to the network generated by the router, following the instructions I have given you in this guide.
- Subnet mask - denotes the number of IP addresses that the router can assign, based on a given criteria. Usually this value equals 255.255.255.0.
- PlayStation IP address - must be the same as the router's IP address, except for the last three digits of digits (for example, 192.168.1.XX, which replaces XX with any value between 2 and 254).
Next step: connect to WiFi
Once you have obtained the necessary information, return to the menu Settings> Network on PlayStation, select this option this time Configure internet connection and continue to choose to connect via Wi-Fi o with LAN network cable.
Now, select the article custom And, if you have chosen to proceed via Wi-Fi, choose the wireless network to connect to and enter, when prompted, the password for access This step is not necessary for wired connection.
Then, on the screen related to IP address settings, select the item manual and complete the proposed form by entering, in the appropriate fields, the information retrieved just now: the IP adress to be assigned to the PS4, the subnet mask el Default Gateway and primary and secondary DNS addresses previously chosen
Finally set the value Automatic MTU, Indicates do not use proxy servers and that's it: the console, after acquiring the static IP address, should be able to use the new DNS. To make sure, check the connection by going to Settings> Network> Check Internet connection.
In case of problems or doubts, you can easily return everything to its initial state, configuring the PS4 again to automatically acquire IP addresses and DNS servers: to do so, go to Settings> Network> Set up Internet connection and select the article typical, to ensure that the PS4 automatically detects the optimal connection settings. Finally select the type of network you want to use, enter it password (in the case of the Wi-Fi network) and voila!
In case of problems
Although you managed to change the PS4's DNS by following the instructions I gave you in this guide, did you notice that the performance of your connection has not improved at all? Well, then it is easy to deduce that the problems you encountered are not attributable to DNS performance, but to other factors independent of it.
For example, you can experience improvements using one wired network instead of a Wi-Fi network, changing the Type NAT or, if you really can't use the connection via Ethernet, improve Wi-Fi signal. I told you in detail about these aspects in my guides on how to improve the connection on PS4 and how to change the NAT of the PS4.
If the result, even in this case, is not satisfactory, I invite you to consult the official PS4 manual, available online, where there is additional information on the configuration of the console and the resolution of the most common problems.
You Might Also:
How to get free V-Bucks on Nintendo Switch
How to get free Robux
How to access Fortnite private servers
How to know if a blocked number called you
Application to change the voice during the call
Free video chat without registration with camera
How to convert a photo to PDF from your mobile
How to remove the headset mode
How to clear video history on Watch
How to activate NFC on iPhone
Best PS4 DNS
How to download Minecraft Pocket Edition for free
How to take surveys on WhatsApp