Switch to iOS: What is it and how it works
Despite what fans of one platform or another say, between iOS es Android there are not any operating system clearly better than another. Each of them has characteristics, strengths and weaknesses that must be evaluated according to their needs and depending on the use made of the mobile phone (or tablet). So if your budget allows it, it's good to be able to test both platforms and then decide whether to use them in parallel or "jump" from one to the other when you feel the need.
Precisely in this context, it is very useful Switch to iOS - A free application developed by Apple that allows you to migrate data from Android to iOS in an extremely convenient way and without unnecessary time wasting. By using Switch to iOS, you can transfer your account from Google, bookmarks, messages, contacts, photos and videos from Android to iOS without having to copy them to your PC first and without having to physically connect your Android device to the iPhone or iPhone. iPad. Everything works wirelessly - as long as the two devices are close enough to each other.
The only downside to Switch to iOS, if we want to consider it that way, is that it requires the target device initialization. In other words, to use the app, you will have to reset your iPhone or iPad by deleting all the data that is currently in the device memory. For more information, keep reading.
- Preliminary operations
- How to use Switch to iOS
- How to change data from Android to iOS
Table of Contents
As just mentioned, to use Switch to iOS You have to initialize your iPhone or iPad, returning it to the factory state.
If you don't know how to initialize your iPhone or iPad, go to the menu configurations iOS (the gear icon located on the home screen), go to General> Reset, press the voice Initialize content and settings, Write the Unlock PIN of your iDevice and confirm to start formatting the device.
Formatting the iPhone and iPad will erase all data on the device, so be sure to do this before proceeding. create one Backup of photos, videos and other data stored in the terminal.
Be careful though, restoring your device using Switch to iOS won't be able to restore local or iCloud backups directly. This means that you will have to copy photos and videos to your PC and / or the cloud through the services offered by Apple (iCloud Photo Library) or Google (Google Photos). And the same goes for contacts, documents and other files on the device. If you need a hand to perform these "manual" backups, take a look at the tutorials listed below.
- How to make iPhone backups, make the classic backups in iCloud and on your PC (which, however, as mentioned, will not help you much).
- How to transfer photos from iPhone to PC, copy photos and videos from iOS to PC.
- How to Store Photos in iCloud, to learn how to enable online backup of photos and videos.
- How to sync iPhone contacts with Gmail, to backup address book online and offline.
Another thing you need to do before taking action is download the app. Switch to iOS (o Move to iOS ) on your Android device, where the data you want to copy comes from to iPhone or iPad.
Then open Google Play Store, search for the application in question and install it by pressing the button Install on pc. The application only works on mobile phones and tablets equipped with Android 4.0 and higher.
If you have one Mobile Phone Huawei Without Play Store, you can download the application through one of the many alternative stores to Google: I told you so in my tutorial on how to install applications on Huawei.
How to use Switch to iOS
After install Switch to iOS on your Android device and after initializing your iPhone / iPad, you are ready to go. Here then are all the steps you need to follow on both devices.
- On iOS - follow the guided procedure for initial device setup (you must have a SIM inserted in the device). Choose, therefore, the language in which to use iOS, indicate yours country residence and press Set manually, to continue without importing data automatically from other device Manzana. So connect to one RED Wi Fi, wait a few moments for the communication with the Apple servers to be established, press the button Follow (accept the conditions regarding data and privacy) and choose whether to configure immediately Face ID / Touch ID or whether to proceed later ( Set later in settings ). Once done, create a unlock code for the device and on the screen Applications and data choose the option Migrate Android data. Then press the button Follow and mark the Numeric code that appears in the center of the screen.
- On Android - select all the data you want to copy to iPhone or iPad by choosing between Google account, Bookmarks, posts, contacts, program , camera roll etc. and press the button Venga, to start data transfer. As mentioned above, the duration of the process will vary depending on the amount of information to be transferred (photos and videos are the ones that require the most time, as they are "heavier" in terms of MB). At the end of the data transfer to iOS, press the button final and close the Switch to iOS application.
Please note: I did the tutorial using an Android mobile phone equipped with Android 10.0 and an iPhone equipped with iOS 13. The steps to follow are almost identical also on iPadOS and other versions of iOS and Android, but the initial system configuration procedure Apple's operating mode may change slightly depending on the version of the latter installed on the device.
How to change data from Android to iOS
Do you want to transfer files from Android to iOS but don't want to erase your iPhone or iPad? In this case I recommend that you trust cloud services to synchronize the data on both devices or, if you prefer, to "manually" transfer some information from one device to another. You will probably have a bit more work to do than the procedure provided by Switch to iOS, but if you don't want to format your device, you have no other choice.
- Photo and video - for photos and videos, I recommend using Google Photos (Android / iOS) that allows you to store photos and videos online at no cost, without space or time limits. The only limitation is that photos are saved with a maximum resolution of 16MP and videos with a maximum resolution of 1080p. Alternatively, you can copy photos from Android to PC and then transfer them to iOS "manually". You can find everything explained in my tutorials on how Google works Photos and how to upload photos to iPhone.
- Contacts - Regarding contacts, I recommend that you synchronize your Gmail address book with Android and iOS. This way you will have a single synchronized address book on both platforms. For more information, check out my tutorial on how to sync Gmail contacts.
- Messages - Although there are no official functions to transfer messages from one system to another, there are numerous third-party solutions suitable for this purpose. For example, to transfer SMS and chats from WhatsApp from Android to iPhone, you can use the software Wondershare MobileTrans, which I told you about in this tutorial of mine.
- Application - the applications have to be downloaded manually from the App Store, there is little to do. Also note that some applications available on Android are not available on iOS and vice versa. If you want to take advantage of this platform change to find cool new apps, check out my posts with the best iPhone apps.
Bottom line: if you want to make a real "move" of your digital activities from Android to iOS, you need to initialize the iPhone (or iPad) and transfer the data via Move to iOS.
If, on the contrary, you want to "jump" from time to time from one platform to another and use the two systems in parallel, proceed with the synchronization of the data in the cloud (possibly using Google services that are accessible on both systems operational) and you should be comfortable enough.
You Might Also:
How to get free V-Bucks on Nintendo Switch
How to get free Robux
How to access Fortnite private servers
How to know if a blocked number called you
Application to change the voice during the call
Free video chat without registration with camera
How to convert a photo to PDF from your mobile
How to remove the headset mode
How to clear video history on Watch
How to activate NFC on iPhone
Best PS4 DNS
How to download Minecraft Pocket Edition for free
How to take surveys on WhatsApp