How to connect to WiFi without knowing the password. You are at a close friend's house and you should be using their Wi-Fi network. But what if your friend doesn't know your password? With the intention of finding a solution to this problem, he consulted Google looking for a system to connect to WiFi without knowing the password. So you don't have to get it back in overly complex ways, and it's precisely for this reason that it's here on my website.
Have I exactly identified the situation you are in? In this case, know that you have come to the right place, at the right time! In fact, below I will show you a series of methods that can be used in cases like these, which take advantage of some peculiarities, often little known, of commonly used devices.
- 1 How to connect to WiFi without knowing the password step by step.
- 2 Other methods to connect to WiFi without knowing the password
How to connect to WiFi without knowing the password step by step.
Despite what you may believe, in some circumstances it is possible connect to WiFi without knowing passwords very easily. Below we illustrate what, in my opinion, are the fastest and most effective techniques to be able to put into practice in cases like this.
One of the easiest methods to connect to WiFi without knowing the password involves the use of technology WPS. If you have never heard of it, it is a standard designed to simplify connection to wireless networks, avoiding the entry of long and complicated passwords.
Simply put, via WPS you can connect a device to Internet, in Wi-Fi mode, simply by pressing a button (or by entering a PIN consisting of 8 digits).
However, for everything to be successful, it is essential that both the router to which it is connected and the devices to be connected are compatible with this technology. Now Windows and Android (versions prior to 9) support the use of WPS technology, while Android 9 and later, iOS, iPadOS and macOS do not.
Also, I would like to point out that, convenient as it may be, the WPS feature has been "marked" as officially vulnerableAs it presents a series of vulnerabilities that the most astute cyber criminals could exploit to violate the referral network.
For this reason, some routers keep this feature disabled by default. However, if the owner of the network of interest has activated it, or if it is enabled on the router, you can use it to establish the connection between it and your wireless device. How? I will explain it immediately.
How to activate WPS
To get started, get closer to the router and locate the physical button WPS, which is usually located on the front of the device or on one of its lateral bodies. In general, the button mentioned above is identified by an abbreviation that indicates the name of the technology (WPS, in fact), or by an icon in the form of opposite circular arrows.
Once you have identified the WPS key, press it, grab the device to connect to the internet, go to Wi-Fi network settings and select the name network to connect to. Then follow the instructions that best suit your operating system you are using.
- Windows - click on the network icon placed near the clock, then in the name of the Wifi network of interest and click on the button Connect. If everything went in the right direction, you should only see the password entry screen for a few moments, after which the connection will be established fully automatically and without the need for additional operations.
- Android - open the adjustments operating system by tapping the button gear located on the home screen or in the app drawer. Select the article Wi-Fi, touch the button (⋮) which is at the top right and then on the element advanced, which appears in the menu displayed on the screen. At this point, play the voice WPS command button and wait for the connection to the network of your interest to complete.
Share from mobile phone / tablet
If you are in the company of a person already connected to the wifi network of your interest through a mobile phone or tablet, you may be asked to share the relative passkey with you.
For example, if this person has a smart phone Android, equipped with a particular variant of the operating system (eg ROM MIUI de Xiaomi ), you can send the password you are looking for through a QR Code.
To do it is very simple: you have to access adjustments operating system. Enter the section Wi-Fi and touches name of the network to which you are connected (in correspondence of which is the wording Tap to share the password ).
After a few moments, a should appear on the device screen QR Code A containing the searched network key. What you should do, at this time, is scan the QR code through your mobile phone or tablet, using one of the applications dedicated to the purpose, and read the password it contains.
If Android device does not have this functionality can resort to the use of WiFi Key Recovery, an application that can recover and display the passwords of all the networks saved on the device in clear text.
Therefore, after downloading and starting the application, it is necessary to grant it the necessary permissions to use superuser / SuperSU responding affirmatively to the warning message displayed on the screen. Once this is done, simply touch the network name of your interest, to retrieve the desired network key (visible in the newsroom PSK ).
If, on the other hand, both you and the another person have a device with the Apple brand and the latter is already connected to the Wi-Fi network whose password you are interested in, you can use the system continuity to share it. This Apple-owned technology allows you to share some data, including passwords for the wireless networks you're connected to, between devices equipped with iOS, iPadOS, and macOS.
For the exchange to be successful, some very specific conditions must be met.
- The device already connected to the Wi-Fi network must have on board iOS 11 or later o iPadOS.
- Your device, which can be a Poppy, Another iPhone or an iPad, you must have one of the OS previously viewed, or macOS 10.12 or later.
- Both devices must be Bluetooth enabled and must "know" each other in some way. For example, they can be found in their respective contact lists.
If these conditions are met, do the following: Wi-Fi network password input screen on your device and ask your friend to come to the iPhone / iPad unlocked and to answer affirmatively to password sharing request message. If everything went well, after a few seconds your device should be able to connect to the internet.
As an alternative to the methods seen above, you can try to retrieve the Wi-Fi password of the router through the router itself.
If you have access to the device, you can take a look at the sticky label usually stuck in the back of the device or in the back of the device. Generally, the default network key is specified there. If the legitimate owner of the router has never changed it, with any luck you can get the desired result.
If this method fails, you can try to retrieve the Wi-Fi network key directly from the router's admin panel. In this case, however, it is essential to have other device electronic already connected to the desired network, either a PC, in this case you can also take advantage of the connection Ethernet, a mobile phone or a tablet. If that's the case for you, follow the instructions below.
- Using a browser of your choice, from the device already connected to router, go to the administration panel of the device in question. To do so, type the address bar of your browser IP adress, which generally corresponds to 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.254 and come on presentar. If the aforementioned addresses lead to an error message, follow the steps I provided in this guide to retrieve the exact address.
- When the router's administration panel is displayed, enter the Username and password in the appropriate fields If this information has never been changed, you can try logging in with admin / admin o admin / password (which are the most common predefined combinations). However, if this is your first access to the router, you may be offered a password setup procedure. If you're having trouble logging in with this information, check out my guide on how to view the modem password, to try to get past the hook.
- Once you are logged in, use the router's main menu (usually located at the top or on the left) to access the section related to Wi-Fi settings (o Wi-Fi or, again, Wireless network ) and the subsection on fullfilment of security requirements. If everything went in the right direction, the network key should reside within the dedicated field, usually called password o PSK.
Unfortunately, it is not possible for me to give you additional details on the steps to follow as I don't know the router model you are using and each device has a differently structured menu.
The owner of the Wi-Fi network wants to allow you access to it, but doesn't he intend to share his network key with you for obvious security reasons? If so, you may be recommended to activate guest mode of the router.
This function allows you to create a second wireless network with name y different network keys from the original. In some cases, some specific restrictions may apply to guest networks, such as the ability to keep devices connected only for a specified period of time. Even limiting access to only some Internet protocols (for example, only web browsing). ), impose restrictions on the sites that can be visited, etc.
However, to activate guest network mode, you must access router admin panel. Go to the section dedicated to Wi-Fi y enable guest network intervening on the appropriate lever, or placing a check mark next to the dedicated article. Generally, you can define various settings using the menus and text fields just below.
A practical example
For example, on the router in my possession (a AVM FRITZ! Box 7530 ), the steps to follow are as follows: when you log in, click on the item Wi-Fi in the left sidebar, then in the element Guest access right below it and put a check mark next to the item Active guest access.
Then you have to choose whether to create a point of private wireless access. That is, a network protected by a password different from the main one, or a public wireless access point which, on the other hand, is not protected by any password (and in which, of course, the data is transmitted in an unencrypted form).
Once the nicest mode is activated for you, use the settings just below to indicate the network name, the eventual access password and, if you wish, the advanced settings related to allowed protocols / sites and connection timer. When you're done, click on the button. apply to confirm the applied changes.
Other methods to connect to WiFi without knowing the password
Did none of the above methods lead to the desired result? If you want to know how to connect to WiFi without knowing the password, in this case the only indication I can give you is to retrieve the network key you have been looking for using slightly more demanding methods, which require the use of advanced tools (eg. Kali Linux ) and very specific knowledge in terms of network security.
However, I would like to point out that the use of similar systems can represent a crime. Unauthorized access to protected wireless networks amounts to committing a serious violation of privacy. Therefore, use the information I have provided only in extreme emergencies. And, above all, after receiving the authorization of the legitimate owner of the wifi network.
So far today's post on how to connect to WiFi without knowing the password.
You Might Also:
How to get free V-Bucks on Nintendo Switch
How to get free Robux
How to access Fortnite private servers
How to know if a blocked number called you
Application to change the voice during the call
Free video chat without registration with camera
How to convert a photo to PDF from your mobile
How to remove the headset mode
How to clear video history on Watch
How to activate NFC on iPhone
Best PS4 DNS
How to download Minecraft Pocket Edition for free
How to take surveys on WhatsApp