How to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone
Are you planning to replace your iPhone with a new model, but before you "retire", would you like some clarification on how data is transferred from one iPhone to another? Would you like to share photos or contacts with other friends who are using an iPhone but don't know how to do it? No problem, I am here to help you.
With today's guide, in fact, we will see together how to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone using the initial setup procedure for Apple devices (to copy data from an old device to a new one by simply moving them closer together), iCloud backups (to transfer data from previously online backups), and the iTunes and Finder applications ( to transfer all data, applications and settings from one phone to another, acting locally, through the PC).
Finally, I'll also tell you about AirDrop: a wireless data sharing system compatible with the latest iPhone models, which allows you to transfer individual photos, videos, documents or contacts from one device to another. How do you say? Is it exactly the type of solutions you were looking for? So roll up your sleeves now and get to work. All you have to do is take five minutes of free time and follow the instructions I'm about to give you. Happy reading and have fun!
- How to Transfer Data from iPhone to New iPhone
- How to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone by zooming in
- How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone with iCloud
- How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud
- How to Transfer Files from iPhone to iPhone
Table of Contents
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to New iPhone
If you just bought a new iPhone or if you have restored one you already had and now want to pass the data you currently have on another "iPhone to" to the latter, you can do so in several ways.
How to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone by zooming in
Simplicity has always been one of the hallmarks of Apple devices and this can also be seen in the initial iPhone setup. In fact, if you have an iPhone (u other device iOS / iPadOS) equipped with iOS 12.4 or later, you can take advantage of the function Start now that allows you transfer data from iPhone to iPhone by zooming in physically.
The feature is also present on devices equipped with iOS versions between 11 and 12.3 but, in these cases, it only allows you to import the Apple account data - the actual files are downloaded from iCloud backups and not transferred directly from the old phone to the new one.
Having cleared this up, let's see how this very useful feature of iOS works. If you restore an iPhone or turn on an "iPhone" that you just bought for the first time, during the initial setup (after selecting language es country ) the screen will appear Start now which allows you to import data on another device.
At that time, taking your iPhone (or other iOS / iPadOS device) and physically bringing it closer to the new one mobile phone to configure, you will see the message appear on it Set up the new iPhone : pressing the corresponding button Follow and by framing the animation to be made on the new "iPhone by" with the camera, you can start the data transfer procedure.
To continue, enter the unlock code from your old iPhone to your new one, set Facial identification o touch identification and touch the option Transfer from iPhone, to start transferring data from your old iPhone to your new one in Wireless mode o cabling, or press Download from iCloud, to restore a Backup iCloud.
To transfer data by cable, you will need a Lightning to USB Camera Adapter 3 and a Lightning to USB cable, to connect in this way: the Lightning to USB 3 camera adapter must be connected to the power supply via the Lightning port (using a power supply of at least 12W) and to iPhone ancient; Instead, the Lightning to USB cable goes to the new iPhone at one end and the adapter at the other end.
Otherwise, you just have to follow the instructions on the screen. You will also need to configure Apple Pay, Siri, Apple Watch (if you have one paired with the old iPhone). If any of the steps are not clear to you, take a look at the page on the Apple site dedicated to "Get Started", where you will find everything explained.
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone with iCloud
Don't have the ability to physically bring your old iPhone closer to your new one to transfer data? No problem you can transfer data from iPhone to iPhone also through Internet, using backup copies of iCloud.
In this case, all you have to do is create an online backup of the source phone, perform the initial setup on the target phone, and select the backup of your interest from the iCloud menu. It's very easy, try it now!
- Get the iPhone of origin, go to the menu Settings> [Tuo nome]> iCloud> iCloud Backup iOS and press the button Copy now, to create a new backup of the phone in iCloud. The option lever ICloud Backup must be set to EN, the phone must be connected to a Wi-Fi network (and possibly connected to a power outlet). If you are using iOS 10.2.x or earlier, you must go to the menu to start a backup Settings> iCloud> Backup ;
- Get the Target iPhone and, if it is already activated, restore it to the factory state. If you don't know how to do it, go to the menu Settings> General> Reset iOS, select the item Initialize content and settings from the screen that opens and you press the button twice consecutively Initialize iPhone. You will also need to provide the password your Apple ID;
Please note: The source iPhone and the data target iPhone must be equipped with the same version of iOS. If one of the two terminals still does not run the latest version of iOS, update the operating system going to the menu Settings> General> Software update. If you need more precise information on this procedure, read my tutorial on how update iOS.
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud
If you prefer transfer data from iPhone to iPhone without iCloudyou can trust iTunes (on Windows and earlier versions of macOS) or by Discoverer (on macOS 10.15 Catalina and later).
In the unlikely event that you've never heard of him, iTunes is the historical Apple multimedia software that allows, among other things, to manage iOS / iPadOS devices from a PC. It is available as a free download for Windows PC via Windows 10 Microsoft Store and Apple's site.
that Discoverer, on the other hand, is the macOS file manager, in which Apple has decided to integrate the functions to manage iOS / iPadOS devices from a PC after the "removal" of iTunes in its operating system (in Mac, the program has in fact been replaced from the applications Music, Podcast, TV and, precisely, from the Finder applications for managing mobile devices).
Now all you need to do to take advantage of local iTunes and Finder backups is create a source iPhone backup (the device you want to import data from) and then restore it to target iPhone (the device you want to export the data to). I know, that sounds like a difficult thing; instead, it is a game of children, I assure! Here are all the steps you need to take.
- Connect the iPhone of origin to the pc and start iTunes or Discoverer. If you are doing this for the first time, you should authorize communication between the two devices by pressing the appropriate button on both and then typing the unlock code iPhone;
- If you are asked to update iOS to the latest version available, accept. The iOS version must be the same on both iPhones.
- Click on the iPhone located at the top left of the main iTunes window or in the left sidebar on the Discoverer, select the tab Your Order (from the iTunes sidebar or Finder tabs) and click the button Copy now to create a backup copy of the device on the PC;
- When the backup is complete, connect the Target iPhone to the pc and start iTunes or Discoverer ;
- If the device is not new (or has already been activated), click the iPhone located at the top left of the main iTunes window or in the Finder sidebar, select the tab Your Order and click on the button Restore iphone, to return the «iPhone by» to factory state;
- If you are asked to backup your iPhone, choose the option Do not endorse, while if you are asked to transfer your iPhone application and multimedia content purchases to your PC, select the corresponding item from the iTunes or Finder menu (otherwise you will lose them) and start restoring the device again;
- If the iPhone is not yet updated to the latest version of iOS, you will be prompted to do the operating system update. Accept, knowing that the iOS version installed on the device must match that of the backup to restore;
- At the end of the restore procedure, click the iPhone in iTunes or Finder, place the check mark next to the item Restore from this backup and choose the backup to restore (from the other iPhone) from the adjacent drop-down menu. So press the button Follow and wait for the procedure to complete.
Once the reset process is complete, you will have a new iPhone with the same data, apps, and settings as the old one.
How to Transfer Files from iPhone to iPhone
Would you like to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone in the sense that you want to copy a photo, video or contact from one phone to another? In this case you can trust Airdrop, the wireless data transfer system compatible with all iPhones starting with iPhone 5 (and iOS 7 and above).
To share a file with AirDrop, select it and open the share menu iOS (by pressing the square with arrow inside ). Then select the icon of the other iPhone, which should be nearby, and you're done.
To use AirDrop, both devices must have Bluetooth enabled and must have the appropriate permissions enabled (you can adjust these in the menu Settings> General> AirDrop of iOS). For more information on this, check out my tutorial on how AirDrop works.
If you have an iPhone model where AirDrop is not supported, you can try Send Anywhere, a free application that allows you to share any type of file between iPhone, Android and Pc wirelessly. I recommend you try it, it is very comfortable!
If, on the contrary, you are looking for a specific solution for transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone, you can take a look at the instructions I gave you in my tutorial on how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone.
You Might Also:
How to get free V-Bucks on Nintendo Switch
How to get free Robux
How to access Fortnite private servers
How to know if a blocked number called you
Application to change the voice during the call
Free video chat without registration with camera
How to convert a photo to PDF from your mobile
How to remove the headset mode
How to clear video history on Watch
How to activate NFC on iPhone
Best PS4 DNS
How to download Minecraft Pocket Edition for free
How to take surveys on WhatsApp