How to update the browser
Are you trying update chrome to the latest version available, but an error prevents you from doing so? Have you downloaded a new browser on your mobile phone and want to check for updates? No problem. I am pleased to announce that you have come to the right place at the right time.
With today's guide we will see how to update the browser on PC, mobile phone and tablet in the easiest and fastest way possible. We'll find out how to check for updates for Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Microsoft Edge and we will try to solve together the most common problems that prevent the correct installation of these software.
The tutorial covers all the most popular software platforms: Windows, OS X and Linux on the desktop and Android, iOS and Windows Phone on mobile. I don't think there is much more to add. All you have to do is take five minutes of free time and follow the instructions related to the browser of interest. Find all the information you need below: you will see that in a short time you will be able to update your favorite navigation program and enjoy all its latest functions.
Table of Contents
Chrome (Windows / Mac / Linux)
Chrome has a very efficient automatic update feature. The browser silently downloads all updates published by Google and installs them automatically, without the user having to lift a finger.
To check that the latter is active on your PC, launch Chrome, click on the ad icon Burger located at the top right and select the item Help> About Google Chrome in the menu that opens. If everything works correctly, you will find the writing on the page that opens. Google Chrome is up to date or an indicator with the download status of the latest software version.
If, on the other hand, something is not working and you see strange error messages under the Google Chrome icon, try to correct the problem by following the instructions below.
- If you are using a Windows PC
- Ir Activity management (by right-clicking on the taskbar and selecting the appropriate item from the menu that appears) and ends the named processes GoogleUpdate.exe, GoogleUpdateOnDemand.exe es GoogleCrashHandler.exe. Then restart your browser and try updating again.
- Go to the settings of the Windows firewall (or any other firewall installed on your PC) and verify that this does not interfere with Google Chrome activities. For more information, read my guide on how to disable firewalls.
- Uninstall Chrome and reinstall it. However, before proceeding, make sure that the browser is connected to your Google account and that all your data is saved online (so that it can be found in its place after the installation of the new browser).
- If you are using a Mac
- Open the Port and type the following commands.
- ~/Library/Google/GoogleSoftwareUpdate/GoogleSoftwareUpdate.bundle/Contents/Resources/GoogleSoftwareUpdateAgent.app/Contents/Resources/install.py --uninstall
- /Library/Google/GoogleSoftwareUpdate/GoogleSoftwareUpdate.bundle/Contents/Resources/GoogleSoftwareUpdateAgent.app/Contents/Resources/install.py –uninstall
- Download Google software update of this page.
- Open the package damn you just downloaded from the internet, start the file GoogleSoftwareUpdate.pkg inside and follow the onscreen instructions.
- If the above steps fail, uninstall Chrome and reinstall it.
Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge (Windows)
Let's continue our tutorial on how to update the browser talking about internet browser es Microsoft Edge, the two default Windows browsers (Edge is only available for Windows 10).
Being "standard" software included in the operating system, to update Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge you must use windows update, the Windows update service.
As a practice, Windows Update automatically checks for updates and installs all those it deems important (that is, those essential for the security and proper functioning of the operating system). To verify that your PC also maintains this behavior, click windows banner which is in the lower left and type windows update in the search bar of the Start menu.
Then select the item related to windows update from the search results and click the item Change settings (o Advanced, if you are using Windows 10). In the window that opens, expand the drop-down menu related to how to download updates, select the option Install updates automatically of the latter and click the button Okay guidance on save the changes. Also make sure there is a check mark next to the items Download recommended updates in the same way as important updates es Download updates for Microsoft products and check for optional Microsoft software when updating Windows.
At this point, go back to the main Windows Update screen, start the search for new updates, and install all available updates (which may also include updates for Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge). In case of problems with Windows Update, read my guide dedicated to Windows updates and find out how to restore the correct functioning of the service.
Firefox (Windows / Mac / Linux)
Firefox has an update system very similar to Chrome, so all browser updates are downloaded and installed automatically. To verify that this function is also active on your PC, open Firefox, click the ad icon Burger located in the upper right and first select the Question mark and then the voice About Firefox in the menu that opens.
If everything works correctly, in the window that opens you will find the writing Firefox is up to date or an indicator related to the download of the new version of the browser.
Otherwise, try to download Firefox from this web page and install it on your PC overwriting the browser version you already have. If the procedure is unsuccessful, uninstall the current version of Firefox and install the browser from scratch using the file downloaded from the site that I just informed you (make sure you have Backup Firefox Sync in the menu Options> Synchronize ).
Safari is the default browser for Mac and as such is updated via OS X App Store.
To check for updates for your Mac, open the Mac App Store (the "A" icon on a blue background located on the LaunchPad), select the tab updates located in the upper right and start downloading all available updates. Some system updates, unlike those for individual applications, require you to restart your PC.
Yes on the card updates Mac App Store updates are not available, the automatic check for updates function may not work properly. To fix it, open System preferences (the gray gear icon located on the Dock bar), click App Store and put the check mark next to the items Check updates automatically, Download available updates in the background, Install application updates, Install OS X updates es Install system data files and security updates.
If Safari no longer works well, keeps crashing, or you can't update it through the Mac App Store, try following the instructions in my guide on how to reset Safari.
In conclusion we see how to update the browser on mobile phones and tablets. This is an extremely quick and easy operation.
- If you are using an Android device, open the Play store (the white bag icon with the "play" symbol in the center), press the ad icon Burger located in the upper left and select the item My applications and games from the bar that appears on the side. Then select the icon of the browser you want to update, press the button Update present on the screen that opens and voila. To verify that automatic update download is enabled, open the Play store, press the ad icon Burger located in the upper left and select the item configurations from the bar that appears on the side. Then select the item Automatic app update and put the check mark next to the option Automatic update of the application only via Wi-Fi (to download updates automatically without consuming data traffic). The procedure is valid for all browsers installed on the device.
- If you are using a iPhone / iPad, for update Safarigo to the menu Settings> General> Software update and check for system updates. To update third-party browsers, open the App Store (the "A" icon on a light blue background), select the card updates which is in the lower right and press the button Update located next to the icon of the browser you want to update. System and application updates should download automatically. To verify that the automatic update function is active, go to the menu Settings> iTunes and App Store and climb EN levers relative to options Application es updates.
- If you are using a Windows Phone and also to update Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge, go to the menu settings> updates Windows Phone and press the button search for updates to find the latest system updates. To activate the automatic update download function, place the check mark next to the item Download updates automatically if your data network settings allow it.
How to get free V-Bucks on Nintendo Switch
How to get free Robux
How to access Fortnite private servers
How to know if a blocked number called you
Application to change the voice during the call
Free video chat without registration with camera
How to convert a photo to PDF from your mobile
How to remove the headset mode
How to clear video history on Watch
How to activate NFC on iPhone
Best PS4 DNS
How to download Minecraft Pocket Edition for free
How to take surveys on WhatsApp