The best iPhone apps. The iPhone can be a fundamental ally in daily work and fun, but you must learn to exploit it well, downloading applications that allow you to fully exploit all its capabilities and perform in a simple and comfortable way.
Table of Contents
The best free iPhone apps
Mobile phones can be powerful tools, so let's start with a few iPhone apps for productivity.
- Quickoffice: this is a free working suite distributed by Google. Allows you to create and edit Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files, allows you to access your Google Drive and it also works in offline mode. It still has a few bugs here and there, so it's worth considering alternatives like Apple's iWork suite apps (Pages, Numbers, and Keynote) that are free for everyone who bought an Apple device after September 1, 2013. .
- Write - A small text writing application that uses the Markdown markup language that stands out for its convenience and ease of use. Automatically sync documents with Dropbox and iCloud. It costs 1,79 euros.
- Simplenotote - A simple and essential note taking app. Syncs across multiple devices and OS Instantly. Those looking for something more advanced can rely on Evernote, which is more cumbersome and time consuming. Both are free.
- Fantastic - Probably the best calendar app available for iOS, it allows you to add new events to your to-do list with natural language (eg, "Tomorrow's dinner at Maria's house at 20pm"). It costs 3.99 euros.
- Documents: a kind of Finder for iPhone, which allows you to manage files and folders as you do in Mac and Windows. Supports services cloud storage like Dropbox and viewing of photos, Office documents and files PDF without exiting the application. Gratuitous.
- PDFExpert: produced by the same software house as Documents, this application allows you to freely modify PDF files on iPhone adding writings, annotations, arrows, underline and whatever. It costs 8,99 euros. Alternatively, you can try Foxit PDF Mobile, which is free and also offers various PDF editing options.
- Pro Scanner - As the name suggests, it turns the iPhone camera into a scanner guidance on scan documents. Apply multiple filters to the scanned documents to perfect them and make them look like they really came from a scanner. It costs 2,69 euros in the full version, otherwise a free "Mini" version with limited functions is available.
- Day one : a kind of virtual diary in which to write, write and rewrite. For notes, thoughts, outbursts and more. Some selected content can also be shared with the public, online, as if they were blog posts. It costs € 4,49.
- dropbox : no introduction required. One of the most famous cloud storage services in the world that allows you to save your files.
Internet and communication
HR social media, emails and news make our mobile phones particularly smart, so here are a few iPhone apps for this.
- Tweetbot - According to many, it is the best Twitter client for iOS, it includes many advanced features like real-time content filtering and timeline syncing across multiple devices. It costs € 4,49. Alternatively, the official Twitter client that is free now offers most of the features you need for average use of the service.
- Facebook Messenger - to pair with the official Facebook app to keep in touch with your friends on the world's most famous social network.
- WhatsApp - Another application that needs no introduction. Allows you to exchange messages and make calls over Internet free of charge. As of January 2016, you no longer even foresee paying the annual subscription fee (which amounted to just € 0,89).
- Telegram - An alternative to WhatsApp that has been very successful after the acquisition of the latter by Facebook. It has a very clear user interface, there are no advertisements, and it supports conversation encryption. It is also available for PC and other mobile platforms. Free forever.
- gmail - People with a Gmail account can use it to quickly access their email inbox or simply to receive push notifications (not available in Mail).
- Feedly - Excellent free feed reader that allows you to quickly and easily check the news from your favorite Internet sites.
- Pocket - Popular "read later" service that allows you to archive posts and news that you don't have time to read, keeping them in an archive that can also be read offline.
Multimedia and leisure
The Apple phone can be a fundamental work tool, we said so ... but do we want to talk about its potential in multimedia?
- Infuse: excellent media player that plays all major video file formats without conversion, also supports remote access to files shared by the PC and almost magically downloads the information and covers of all the movies and TV series from the Internet. You can get it for free, but to unlock all the features you have to pay 5,99 euros. Alternatively, there is VLC which is 100% free and also reads all major video file formats.
- Spotify - The world's most popular music streaming service. In its free version, it allows you to listen to only playlists and Songs and in random mode. If you subscribe to a Premium subscription for 9,99 euros / month, it gives you free access to all songs, even offline.
- Radio - excellent application to listen to online radio stations from all over the world. Gratuitous.
- Shazam : allows you to discover the title of a song, the artist who sings it and the album in which it is contained simply by bringing the iPhone's microphone closer to the PC, radio or any source that transmits the song. It's free. Alternatively you can try SoundHound which provides the same type of service.
- iTV Shows : it is used to keep track of the television series you are watching, both in Spanish and in the original language. It costs 2,69 euros.
- Pocket Casts : The official Apple Podcasts client is not so good, this application is much better, it has a very attractive interface and downloads new episodes of the programs automatically in the background. It costs 3,59 euros.
- Camera + - The best camera app for iPhone with dozens of effects and filters to apply to your photos with extreme simplicity. It costs 1,79 euros.
In conclusion, here are all the iPhone apps that for one reason or another I did not include in the other categories, but worth downloading.
- 1Password - An exceptional application that serves to keep all your access data to Internet sites, credit card numbers and software serial numbers. Synchronize your database with iCloud and Dropbox (also on Mac and Windows). It costs € 15,99. Alternatively, you can use LastPass, which is free but intended for premium service users only.
- Instashare - A small application that allows you to easily share files between iPhone and Mac, iPhone and iPad or iPhone and iPhone via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth by simply dragging and dropping. It is free on iOS, while the Mac application costs 3,59 euros.
- Google Maps - Apple's map service is often unreliable, better to turn to good Google maps. Free of course.
- iTracking : allows you to track packages from various couriers, Italian and foreign, to know the status of shipments in real time. The basic version is free, the full version costs 1,79 euros.
- iTranslate - One of the best translation apps that allows you to translate phrases and words in all major languages of the world. It also supports voice input, but only in the full version, which can be unlocked for € 4,49 via in-app purchase. Alternatively, you can use the "perennial" Google translator, which is 100% free.
- TeamViewer: to control the Pc from the iPhone over the Internet, for free.
- Remote : turn iPhone into a remote control for Apple TV and allows you to quickly access your iTunes library.
- Pedometer ++ : As the name suggests, it counts the steps taken during the day. Requires that the iPhone 5S used correctly. It's free
How to get free V-Bucks on Nintendo Switch
How to get free Robux
How to access Fortnite private servers
How to know if a blocked number called you
Application to change the voice during the call
Free video chat without registration with camera
How to convert a photo to PDF from your mobile
How to remove the headset mode
How to clear video history on Watch
How to activate NFC on iPhone
Best PS4 DNS
How to download Minecraft Pocket Edition for free
How to take surveys on WhatsApp